Saturday, November 27, 2010

"Metacognition" after following the directions here: Get Organized! A Tribute to Aristotle--DUE MONDAY:Cleaning my Room.(longest title eva!)

Yes, yes, yes, I am darn proud of myself cleaning my room. Everything started with instructions. I checked out the homework for Monday and found out that I'm doing metacognition (again) but with a twist- a tribute to Aristotle. The instruction made me click the link button to another tab. It lead me to the real instructions. It said that I (really) have to organize something in my life in Forty something minute. Then I have to describe my experience after the organization. THEN answer some questions. I thought I was in a heck of a ride, but I guess sooner or later, I have to clean my room and finish my blog.

So! first up, think of something to organize. Love? no girls, Cars? no insurance (yet), Desk? whats on it?, CDs? I use memory cards, Computer? mom was using facebook, ROOM? well... why not? OK I choose "Cleaning the room". I knew that when I start to clean up the room, there was no turning back. I sat down the middle of my room, concentrated to what I had to approach first, then I attacked! I gave no mercy to the hangers that were scattered down the floor. I took the books with great strength and organize them from smallest to tallest. I pushed the off button of my computer like I have never pushed before. I cleaned my bed with endurance and great strength. Lastly, I gazed upon my room as if I was an eagle above the Arabian desert (are there any eagles on the deserts?). Then I cried (I'm just high). After I cleaned up my room, I turned on my computer (which I pressed hard, so I had to pluck it out with a spoon) and started writing.

Before I cleaned the room, it was so messy. Seriously, the hangers were lying on the ground, my bed was so untidy- bed sheet was half on the ground and the pillows were all scattered, the books were all over the place, and the floor was dirty. During my cleaning I started thinking about the blog that I had to work on. I started to think some comical stuff again for my work (which I just did). I started thinking about the book Sophie's world reading. I have not touched that book for a while now, maybe I would start reading it on Sunday. I also thought about the Bulls game against the Sacramento Kings. Who are the kings anyways? Have not heard of them. Wish the Bulls luck! I also started to think about my other assignments, how to approach them and when to start. Yeah, after a while I finished the room with proud.

The room looks clean(er) now, but nothing changed my mind after that project. I don't know what the question meant, but I think there's some metaphorical thing that was about that question. But I think, my mind feels more... organize? yes, organize. To see the room with more space made my mind feel more organize. Oh yeah, my mind feels more ease with the look in the room. Well I guess my mind really felt something didn't it?

After the work was done, there were few things that I found out. First was that, my brother loves the way I look when I'm tired (BTW, it was our room), and I found out where the Milky ways and other chocolate bars go. But in a more serious way, I found the beauty of my room. Gosh, of course I cleaned up my room sometimes, but this time I noticed the nice blue painting on the wall of my room, the nice tint of yellow lights, the way the closet door shuts in ingenious way (the door folds when you open it), and the map fits perfectly on the wall beside my bed.

In the end, I had a lot of fun (philosophically) and my room is now tidy (again). I have not seen the room in a different way before. What if we organize our life in our society or organize the things around us? will we see the beauty of us or around us? maybe, we have not tried. But I have a strange feeling that my room will return to its mad way by tomorrow, or the next day.


Random video of the day
 

Welcome to my humble abode

Sites:
http://www.successcertificates.com/wp-content/uploads/image/certificate_images/cleanrm0001.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAa6bOWB8qY&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment