Thursday, January 6, 2011

Metacognition: "Backtrack" semester one.



Amazing things happen when people learn, experience, and understand "something" or "anything" that could really increase, not just your intelligence, but your whole "YOU". Isn't it amazing to learn what makes that picture, it's meaning, or purpose? You won't see it if you are just an average person. But if you study the first semester in Humanities, there will be a more sense of what that picture is.

When I was a kid, I hated paintings. I just didn't get them. Whenever we had field-trip into an art museum, I groan. I kept on saying "can we just go to the zoo?", but my teacher(s) simply smiles at me. Whenever I was in the museum with my teacher, classmates, and my mom I always go to the picture with more colors- well it wasn't just me but my classmate also agreed with me. There were some exceptions to what I hate about a or a painting back then: I loved to look at pictures with more actions in it. Of course every single one of my classmates liked it too. Sculptures were (and still are) cool too. Pictures with really no meanings about it (example- pictures with scribbled lines) were like the worst- but I was wrong.

During the first quarter of Humanities, it's more of studying what or how imagination and creativity works. It was really amazing. Because of imagination and creativity, my writings became more "elastic" (can't think of a word, but something totally close to that). For example, whenever I write a blog I tend to write more than I used to because I know now how to add more sentences using the first sentence just by being creative to what I say. Sometimes I tend to be humorous to what I write just to increase the numbers of words that  I could write in my blog. Because of creativity, I used my past and present thinking to what a reader's wants and don't to enjoy a reading in a blog, essay, etc. Likewise, every single darn person in this world hates reading a paper, blog, NEWSPAPER that has a lot of BIG paragraphs. People just hate that- maybe 80%. So sometimes I just make some (not all) of my writings into smaller paragraphs. When I make an essay that has three or more big paragraphs, I try to make it entertaining for the reader to read (like I said above). Furthermore, I like to add pictures in my blogs to make it more "FUN" and awesome at the same time. And that is what I got from learning creativity. Imagine that.

Now let us look toward the second quarter- Philosophy. Well this is one of the subjects that I am weak to. I call it a "wall". It is not a bad subject though, I mean there are no bad subjects at all, but there are only bad students in learning in some subjects- like me. I am bad in that subject because I tend to get bored to the long lectures about philosophy. I think it is because I am more interested to what will happen to the main character than the philosophers itself. But even though I missed some of the names of the philosophers in the book, I still do remember most of the teachings they gave. For example "do not always make conclusions", "We are not the final cause", "I think therefore I am", "Religious Philosophy", "Dualism", "Thesis, anti-thesis, synthesis", etc. Philosophy also influenced the way I write. Now I kind of understand more what I write and therefore I could add more to what my essay is. In other words philosophy gave me the "adjacent possible". It unlocked open doors and got me into them.

Remember the scribbled lines? Yeah, I kind of get it now. I feel like there is a dance in that picture. I guess the artist imagined that he or she was dancing with the flow of creativity, and also, he used his philosophy to what people thinks of when they see this painting.

Random picture of the day
I am a stardust

No comments:

Post a Comment