Sunday, September 26, 2010

Metacognition: Inspirations


Ideas start in an inspiration, well, that's what I think. Different person has different ideas to what they do. They use music, an idol, a person, a poetry, a video, a joke, story, poetry, internet, and/or any single thing that your mind could possibly think in our abstract and crazy world as an Inspiration. My mind work according to inspirations that I get in my every day life.


When I start an essay, my mind is somewhere playing hide-and-seek. My playful mind laugh at me as I stare at the computer,  not even caring about the time, the temperature, or even if the house is in danger of some sort. I think and I think but nothing comes out. I can not even lift my hand and press a darn button. Every beginning is such a pain especially when I do not even know what to write: like right now, before I started this essay I researched the meaning of "Metacognition", because every time I write the word there is a red squiggly line that comes right under it assuming that I or YOU made a mistake. It is really hard for me to write an essay without inspiration, because I as the eldest son that have two brothers and a sister, can not concentrate for they seem to enjoy their anger to each other, as they scream around the house like we do not have any neighbors around. But all that change after I find my inspiration to write. Inspiration keeps me focus on my writing. It keeps me coming back. Also, along with inspiration, there is something that also keeping me to write. It is the positive energy around the house. For some reason, when I smile while writing an essay, it keeps me awake and optimistic. I am optimistic because maybe I could get an outstanding score while having fun writing an essay.


My inspiration to write this essay is the word INSPIRATION itself. It is the abbreviation of "Ideas Nailing Special Process of Imagination in Random Attention Toward Innovative Optical Non-sense", I just made that up. Without inspiration maybe I might not have made my other essays or blog posts before. Maybe without it, I might still be confuse or out of concentration. Thank you inspiration.




Random video of the day

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you that inspiration is hard to come by at first, but when you find it, essays and other pieces just come together naturally. The part about your loud siblings was comical, as well as the part about you staying focused on an essay in the midst of a fire. I enjoyed your acronym for inspiration, even though it didn't make too much sense. But inspiration doesn't make sense, either, does it? Nice job on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so true about not being able to push a darn button and having just a total brain fart. I've been in the same situation over and over again and an essay without inspiration is like a song without melody.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also think that inspiration is very important. In fact I believe inspiration is what exactly starts anything. Sadly enough though, as for me, my inspiration seem to start in bad places, such as inspiration of grades. I feel that I sometimes simply continue to do things just because my grade depends on it. Although this is a quite sad part as a source of inspiration, my mind usually seem to follow that path. I'm glad that you shared that information. P.S. Nice day's random entertainment.

    ReplyDelete