Sunday, September 19, 2010

BEST OF THE WEEK: College essay



Our future is one of the most important thing in our life. But there is something that is blocking us to college and our future- College Essay. Two big words that can make your eyes pop, fingers sweat, and your brain wanting to go to the bathroom. We all know that excessive training, planning and thinking is needed to accomplish this mission. People say that we must brace ourselves for a roller coaster ride of our lifetime. I over exaggerate. Thank goodness that God or Jesus gave us a beloved, fair, outstanding, and friendly person that can fill the void inside our head- teachers.

Yes, Mr. Allen totally broke the ice during the week. The letter that he wanted us to make at the first day of class was a part of his plan. He was so smart to not tell us that the essay the we wrote was the idea that many colleges would like to see. The trick was to make it personal. Personal as if that we are telling them a story about who we really are, for them to see our weaknesses and strength, but also, for them to find out that we are trustworthy for the college's family. It's like trying to trust a person before becoming a friend. It was complex but yet simple at the same time.

Inside the letter that I wrote for him was about me hating the song "American Pie". In the letter, I wrote that I dislike the way my uncle sing the song when we were there. I wrote many things about my perception toward the music that were like that song. But there was something that  Mr. Allen said about the letter that he wanted to emphasize. It was the turning point of the idea in the letter. My turning point was when I study music in music school. I wrote that the first song that my teacher thought us was the  "American Pie". It change the way I think about the song.

My classmates had better story than I have written, I guess. But the thing about college essay is relaxing, planning, and writing-obviously. Thank goodness that we have teacher or/and advisers that can help us in times that they are needed. They are like heroes that people like me who looks up to them. Thanks to them we can break the wall of tomorrow.

random picture of the day



Every Blog that I post will have a random picture or video.
It may be funny, serious, creative or anything.
This will depicts the way I think of the day or week.
For example, today is a fun day so the picture that I post is funny.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment