Sunday, May 8, 2011

An Inconvinient truth: Red Blue and Yellow

Life is Colorful

Ever since I was a kid, a kindergarten I suppose, the teachers around me taught me that the three primary color of, well, colors were Red, Blue, and, Yellow. I grew up knowing that. It really makes sense though that If you add Yellow and Blue you will get Green; Yellow and Red will get Orange; Red and Blue will get Violet. Everything were all good until we learned about Lights and Pigments in Physics.

Now I am no Artist but I believe deep inside my heart that RYB are the three primary colors I tell you what. Because of that assumption I had a little argument with my Physics teacher, and in that day I had learned something that changed my point of view. She said that Red, Blue, and Yellow WERE the primary colors, then I was like"huh?". She said that Scientifically, Magenta, Yellow, and Cyan are the real color pigments combination. I was like NO FREAKING WAY! I did not ask more for the Internet would provide. I checked it out in Google and found out that it was Isaac Newton who was the guy who first invented the color wheel chart. I found out that "Newton published a color wheel to show the geometric relationship between these primaries" (Wikipedia) but Newton was "unaware of the differences between additive and subtractive color mixing"(Wikipedia), so his kind of wrong.

Then I learned more, Light has another primary color too! She taught us that the three primary colors of light were  Red, Green, and Blue. Because of that, I was like "OH! that's is why when I check out the contrast in the TV it says RED BLUE and GREEN!". Further more, I learned that the presence of all light is White and the absence of lights is Black for I thought once that they were in their own colors. Also, we can combine the Primary Light colors to Primary Pigments! WOAH!! FREAKING AWESOME!! I don't know why I get excited with colors but just wow. Let me give you a couple of example. Magenta (Blue and Red) light is combined with Yellow (Red and Green) pigment gives Red for Yellow pigment absorbs Blue and there is no Green. Magenta (Blue and Red) light is combined with Cyan (Blue and Green) pigment gives Blue for Cyan pigment absorbs Red and there is no Blue.

Physics is Fun. Yes, the calculation part is as hard as HELL and the Labs are as enjoyable as HEAVEN. This Senior year I am taking Chem and Physics cause I came in this school late forcing me to take Bio in Junior year. Well I don't have to take Physics though but I want to feel the feeling what a Physics student can feel, and it was a great run. Do I have regrets for the ups and downs in Physics? No, having a great teacher, awesome class, and awesome Labs is like living in a moment. I only have a few days left but I have the feeling that the Primary Colors of my life is just getting started.


Random Video of the day




Relaxing is colorful to me.


Sites:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2j-frfK-yg
http://thedreamzone.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/colors4.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment